A couple of these individual ricotta puddings make a very nice breakfast. You can make them with any kind of berries or fruit. I made mine with bananas and with orange peels from home-made orange marmalade. The original recipe is from Belonika's Recipes.
(for six 8-cm ramekins)
250g ricotta cheese
100g sour cream
2 tablespoons corn starch
2-3 tablespoons sugar
Fresh berries or fruit
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Butter ramekins.
- Beat eggs with sugar until the mixture has thickened. Add starch and beat for one more minute.
- Add sour cream and ricotta and mix until the mixture is homogenous.
- Put berries or sliced fruit on the bottom of the ramekins. Pour in batter up to 2/3 of the height of the ramekins (the pudding will rise in the oven).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the puddings have browned slightly.
- Serve immediately as they fall quite quickly after they are taken out of the oven.